Professional Drain Cleaning Services in Royal Oak
Dealing with a clogged drain can be a real hassle, but it’s not something you should attempt to deal on your own. You could try to dig at the clog yourself if it’s reachable within the drain, but doing so could damage the pipes. Not to mention that even if you break up the clog, the pieces may not wash all the way down, which means they could just clog back up farther down the drain where it’s more difficult to reach. Buying a store-bought drain cleaner is also not ideal due to the harsh chemicals they often contain, which can deteriorate your pipes over time.
Fortunately, here at Plumbing Techs, we have the experience and equipment required to inspect your drains and completely remove any existing clogs without damaging your pipes.
To schedule an appointment in Royal Oak or to request an estimate, fill out our online form or call us at (248) 548-7488 today.
Why You Need Regular Drain Maintenance
Even if you don’t have a clogged drain, it’s a good idea to schedule routine drain maintenance. During routine drain maintenance, we will clean out your drains and inspect your plumbing system for potential issues. The following are some of the benefits of routine drain maintenance:
- Extend the lifespan of your plumbing system – By spotting potential problems before they require expensive repairs, you’ll prolong the lifespan of your plumbing system.
- Prevent clogs – Regular cleaning will help remove grime buildup, thereby preventing the formation of clogs.
- Reduce odors – The buildup of grime can cause foul odors. Keeping your pipes clean will help to reduce such odors.
Signs You Have a Clogged Drain
The following are some of the common signs that your drain is clogged and that you should contact us to schedule a drain cleaning service in Royal Oak:
- Your toilet is having issues flushing properly, such as if it’s flushing slowly.
- It’s taking longer than usual for water to drain down your sinks or bathtub.
- Water is backing up into your kitchen sink whenever your garbage disposal runs.
- Your drain makes strange sounds whenever water is going down.
- You can smell foul odors coming from your drains.
- Soap and hair are building up in your bathtub, shower, or bathroom sink.
Preventing Drain Clogs
Although routine drain maintenance should help prevent drain clogs, there are a few things you should do as well to reduce the risk of clogs forming in your pipes. These include the following:
- Avoid throwing hard food scraps, like bone, down your garbage disposal. Even high-end garbage disposals won’t be able to properly break down harder food materials.
- Don’t throw grease or fat down your drain, as it won’t wash down your pipes properly. Grime will build up along the sides of your pipes much faster if you do this.
- Use a drain screen in your shower to collect loose hair and soap.
- Pour a combination of baking soda and hot water down your drains once a week to help loosen up any grime buildup.
- Use RootX Root Control treatment once a year to help get rid of any roots that might be clogging your sewer lines.
Schedule a Drain Cleaning Service in Royal Oak
If you notice an issue with your drains that you think might be caused by a clog, make sure to schedule an appointment by contacting us at Plumbing Techs in Royal Oak today.
Give us a call at (248) 548-7488 or fill out our online form to request a free estimate.
Recent Customer Reviews
Plumbing Techs was excellent! They showed up on time and completed the jobs in a very timely manner. They were extremely professional. I am very pleased and would highly recommend Plumbing Techs.
-Penny R. in Bloomfield Hills
They arrived within one hour of our phone call, fixed the problem and were on their way. Very professional and courteous.
-Pamela P. in Warren
They returned my phone call within no time, and Dave was here within an hour! He did our bath repair efficiently and was finished before we knew it. He was a very nice, polite young man and we would have him back for any plumbing repair.
-Carolyn V. in Madison Heights
By Scheduling Online