Need a New Installation Or Sump Pump Repair In Oak Park? Call Plumbing Techs!
Are you considering installing a new sump pump? Does your sump pump need repairs? Plumbing Techs provides complete sump pump services in Royal Oak, Warren, Southfield, Birmingham, and beyond.
With the unpredictable weather in Michigan, a properly maintained sump pump is, in a way, like having a valuable addition to your homeowners insurance.
If your sump pump isn't working correctly, large rainstorms, ice or snow thaws can cause flooding and damage your home's foundation.
Whether you're thinking about installing a new sump pump or need to repair your existing system, our team of licensed master plumbers are here to help get the job done.
Why Choose Plumbing Techs Of Michigan?
What Are Some Common Symptoms Of Sump Pump Problems?
The following are frequent mishaps that can occur with your sump pump. Each can be prevented with an annual maintenance visit from a licensed, plumbing professional.
- The switch can become stuck so that the pump will not automatically click on when water collects in the basement.
- Your sump pump can grow old and unreliable, especially if it’s not properly maintained.
- A frozen or blocked pipe prevents water from being pumped out of the collecting basin so that the pump doesn’t do its job.
- The pump may become overwhelmed. To prevent this, ask an expert plumber to help you choose the right type of sump pump for your basement and to perform a quality installation.
- You haven’t tested the pump lately. Testing can be as simple as pouring a few gallons of water into the sump pump and checking to see if it’s quickly and completely flushed out of the house.
- No backup. A backup pump kicks on if storms cause power outages, rendering your main sump pump useless. Backups typically use battery power or are powered with the force of the city water supply.
Do I Need a Sump Pump?
With the harsh weather here in Michigan, a sump pump can help protect your property from water damage, rot, insect infestations and mold growth if:
- Your house is located on a floodplain or your basement has flooded in the past.
- Your region experiences significant rainfall on a regular basis or the local water table is higher than your home’s foundation.
- Your home’s sewage lines are below the main line. Since gravity isn’t sufficient to send the sewage to the main line, a sump pump can help. A sewage sump pump adds force needed to properly evacuate sewage from your home.
What Does a Sump Pump Do?
- Gives you confidence that your basement won’t flood, no matter the weather.
- Makes your home healthier by preventing mold and mildew.
- Keeps your home’s foundation dry and in good shape.
- Keeps your home and possessions safe from water damage in a storm or flood.
- Controls dampness and humidity so that your basement stays dry.
- Helps discourage termites and insect infestations.
Our Service Area
Headquartered in Oak Park, MI, our team provides sump pump services throughout the following cities: Berkley, Beverly Hills, Birmingham, Bloomfield, Bloomfield Hills, Clawson, Ferndale, Hazel Park, Huntington Woods, Lathrup Village, Madison Heights, Oak Park, Pleasant Ridge, Royal Oak, Southfield, Warren, and West Bloomfield.
Recent Customer Reviews
Plumbing Techs was excellent! They showed up on time and completed the jobs in a very timely manner. They were extremely professional. I am very pleased and would highly recommend Plumbing Techs.
-Penny R. in Bloomfield Hills
They arrived within one hour of our phone call, fixed the problem and were on their way. Very professional and courteous.
-Pamela P. in Warren
They returned my phone call within no time, and Dave was here within an hour! He did our bath repair efficiently and was finished before we knew it. He was a very nice, polite young man and we would have him back for any plumbing repair.
-Carolyn V. in Madison Heights
After contacting another plumber that failed to bring necessary parts to fix a leaking shower head on two separate occasions, I contacted Plumbing Techs. Within literally hours (on a Saturday), Dave and Edward arrived with the necessary parts, provided me with multiple options, and then repaired the shower head during that visit. They also cleaned up everything prior to departure. Based on this experience, would definitely recommend Dave and Edward.
-Homeowner in Birmingham
By Scheduling Online
Based in Oak Park, our Plumbing Techs provide water heater repair and installation services throughout Metro Detroit and .
Request a Free Quote
To request a free estimate, call us at (248) 548-7488, or complete the form below and one of our Plumbing Techs will get back to you as soon as possible.