Need a New Installation Or Sump Pump Repair In Oakland County? Call Plumbing Techs!
Are you considering installing a new sump pump? Does your sump pump need repairs? Plumbing Techs provides complete sump pump services throughout Oakland County.
With the unpredictable weather in Oakland County, a properly maintained sump pump is, in a way, like having a valuable addition to your homeowners insurance.
If your sump pump isn't working correctly, large rainstorms, ice or snow thaws can cause flooding and damage your home's foundation.
Whether you're thinking about installing a new sump pump or need to repair your existing system, our team of licensed master plumbers are here to help get the job done.
What Are Some Common Symptoms Of Sump Pump Problems?
The following are frequent mishaps that can occur with your sump pump. Each can be prevented with an annual maintenance visit from a licensed, plumbing professional.
- The switch can become stuck, so that the pump will not automatically click on when water collects in the basement.
- Your sump pump can grow old and unreliable, especially if it's not properly maintained.
- A frozen or blocked pipe prevents water from being pumped out of the collecting basin so that the pump doesn't do its job.
- The pump may become overwhelmed. To prevent this, ask an expert plumber to help you choose the right type of sump pump for your basement and to perform a quality installation.
- You haven't tested the pump lately. Testing can be as simple as pouring a few gallons of water into the sump pump and checking to see if it's quickly and completely flushed out of the house.
- No backup. A backup pump kicks on if storms cause power outages, rendering your main sump pump useless. Backups typically use battery power or are powered with the force of the city water supply.
Do I Really Need a Sump Pump?
With the harsh weather here in Oakland County, a sump pump can help protect your property from water damage, rot, insect infestations and mold growth if:
- Your house is located on a floodplain or your basement has flooded in the past.
- Your region experiences significant rainfall on a regular basis or the local water table is higher than your home's foundation.
- Your home's sewage lines are below the main line. Since gravity isn't sufficient to send the sewage to the main line, a sump pump can help. A sewage sump pump adds force needed to properly evacuate sewage from your home.
What Are The Advantages Of Having a Sump Pump In Oakland County?
- Gives you confidence that your basement won't flood, no matter the weather.
- Makes your home healthier by preventing mold and mildew.
- Keeps your home's foundation dry and in good shape.
- Keeps your home and possessions safe from water damage in a storm or flood.
- Controls dampness and humidity so that your basement stays dry.
- Helps discourage termites and insect infestations.
Oakland County Customer Reviews
"These guys were very professional and prompt. Had a 3-inch sump discharge pipe put in to connect with the city pipe outside. They did an excellent job digging and putting my grass back. Very minimal damage to lawn considering it was sopping wet from the bad drain. Best plumbers I've experienced."
— Tournez G. in Southfield, MI
"Did a great job, arrived on time and did the job in a timely fashion. Plumbing Techs offered some good advice on which material to use for piping, resulting in cost savings."
— James M. in Clawson
"Best price I got from 4 quotes. By a huge margin 80-120%. Courteous, helpful, and took out permits at the county office on their own."
— Devaraj R. in Bloomfield Hills
"Excellent workmanship at a competitive price. I would definitely use Plumbing Techs again"
— Richard W. in Franklin, MI
By Scheduling Online
Our Metro Detroit Service Areas
Based in Oak Park, our master plumbers provide sump pump repair and installation services throughout Oakland County and Metro Detroit.
Request a Free Quote
Call us at (248) 548-7488, or complete the form below and one of our repair techs will get back to you as soon as possible.