Call The Pros At Plumbing Techs For Garbage Disposal Repair In Oakland County
Got a garbage disposal problem? At Plumbing Techs, our skilled plumbers work quickly, at a time convenient for you and we always clean up after ourselves.
It's a no fun when your disposal is out of service, especially when it starts to smell from food trapped inside and you have to constantly scrape dinner plates into the trash.
The good news is that when your garbage disposal grinds to a halt or springs a leak, the expert assistance you need is just a phone call away.
Most of the time, all you need is a short garbage disposal repair visit from one of our Plumbing Techs to get your disposal back into gear and your kitchen moving once again.
Why Choose Plumbing Techs Of Michigan?
Garbage Disposal Problems: When To Call In a Plumbing Professional
Calling at the first sign of garbage disposal problems helps avoid the need for replacement. Contact Plumbing Techs if you notice garage disposal problems, such as:
- Blockage: Disposals are easily jammed by food or dropped utensils. Stop yourself if you begin automatically reaching for the drain! Serious injury can result, even if the disposal is turned off. Let a Plumbing Techs professional remove the item stuck in your garbage disposal.
- Dead disposal: When the disposal doesn’t turn on, it may be a circuit breaker issue. Other times the disposal just needs a reset. If the motor is dead, however, Plumbing Techs can perform a new garbage disposal installation.
- Clicking sounds: Clicking may mean the motor is burned out or there might be a small, hard item being thrown around by the blades.
- Whirring noises: This sound can indicate a problem with the bearings, or missing / loose screws.
- Humming noise: If this is all that happens when the switch is flipped, there may be a pipe clog or something blocking the blades.
- Leaks: Garbage disposal leakage can be caused by food debris blocking the pipe, causing a backup and overflow, or a number of other issues. Plumbing Techs can quickly troubleshoot your leak, and before you know it, have the disposal working properly again.
Keep Your Garbage Disposal On a Proper Diet To Ensure Long Life
With proper care, the average garbage disposal is good for a decade or more. Here’s a few tips to help make sure you can rely on yours for many years to come.
- Clean / freshen your disposal by periodically putting citrus peelings or ice cubes through it.
- Run cold water while your disposal is running and for 30 seconds after it’s turned off.
- Avoid rinsing oils in your sink, including cooking oil, fats, lard and grease.
- Cut up big food chunks before feeding them through the disposal.
- Don’t throw bones, peach pits and other hard food items, fibrous food like banana peels or celery, paper, cardboard packaging or wood down your drains.
Recent Customer Reviews
Plumbing Techs was excellent! They showed up on time and completed the jobs in a very timely manner. They were extremely professional. I am very pleased and would highly recommend Plumbing Techs.
-Penny R. in Bloomfield Hills
They arrived within one hour of our phone call, fixed the problem and were on their way. Very professional and courteous.
-Pamela P. in Warren
By Scheduling Online
Request a Free Quote
To request a free estimate, call us at (248) 548-7488, or complete the form below and one of our Plumbing Techs will get back to you as soon as possible.