Your Source For Frozen Pipe Repair In Oak Park, Michigan & Oakland County
Worried about frozen pipes? Have a frozen pipe emergency? Night or day, our master plumbers are on call. For frozen pipe repair, contact Plumbing Techs today.
If you discover frozen pipes, contact the experts at Plumbing Techs right away. Don't wait until you hear the sound of gushing water in the middle of a freezing winter night.
However, if a plumbing emergency does happen, don't panic. Our licensed techs are available for residents living in Oakland County.
We'll arrive with specialized equipment, including an electric defroster, to minimize damage and inspect your home to prevent the problem from recurring in the future.
Save Thousands: Call Plumbing Techs To Avoid Frozen Pipe Problems
Have you ever turned on the kitchen faucet on a chilly morning, only to find that the recent quick drop in temperature, perhaps combined with poor pipe insulation, has left you with frozen pipes!
It's a fact of life here in Oakland County: Pipes are vulnerable to freezing during the winter. Unfortunately, water in the pipes expands as it freezes — and the pressure can cause your seemingly strong and reliable pipes to burst at the seams.
The good news is that there are a few simple steps you can follow to safeguard your plumbing system during the Michigan winters.
- Disconnect garden hoses and shut off the associated water supply valves before the first winter cold snap.
- Wrap plumbing pipes with heating tape or pipe insulation, especially those in crawl spaces, unheated areas like the basement and near exterior walls.
- Keep your home heating system on low, even when sleeping or away from home, if you expect near-freezing temperatures.
- Let water faucets drip for frozen pipe prevention and to relieve or prevent pressure buildup in water lines.
- Keep doors of attached garages closed during the winter.
- Drain your water system before leaving for long periods or going on vacation.
- Contact our frozen pipe plumbers in Oak Park for preventive maintenance and a full inspection. This ensures your drains stay clear and helps catch any potential leaks early. It also gives us the opportunity to suggest weatherizing tips specific to your home's plumbing system, identify areas where pipe insulation is missing and winter-proof your water heater.
Oakland County Customer Reviews
"Plumbing Techs did a great job, arrived on time, were polite, and did the job in a timely fashion. They offered some good advice on which material to use for piping, resulting in cost savings."
— James M. in Clawson, MI
"They showed up when they said they would and the price they quoted me was the price they stayed with. I am very happy with the work as they did an excellent job. I also liked the fact that they cleaned up everything after themselves."
— Lashon B. in Southfield, MI
"Excellent workmanship at a competitive price. I would definitely use Plumbing Techs again."
— Richard W. in Franklin, MI
Need Frozen Pipe Repair?
Call our Oakland County office today at (248) 548-7488, or complete the form below and one of our pipe repair techs will get back to you as soon as possible.