Your Source For Frozen Pipe Repair In Oak Park, Michigan & Oakland County
Worried about frozen pipes? Have a frozen pipe? For frozen pipe repair, contact Plumbing Techs today.
If you discover frozen pipes, contact the experts at Plumbing Techs right away. Don't wait until you hear the sound of gushing water in the middle of a freezing winter night.
Don't panic, our licensed techs are available for residents living in Oakland County.
We'll arrive with specialized equipment, including an electric defroster, to minimize damage and inspect your home to prevent the problem from recurring in the future.
Why Choose Plumbing Techs Of Michigan?
Save Thousands: Call Plumbing Techs To Avoid Frozen Pipe Problems
Have you ever turned on the kitchen faucet on a chilly morning, only to find that the recent quick drop in temperature, perhaps combined with poor pipe insulation, has left you with frozen pipes!
It’s a fact of life here in Oakland County: Pipes are vulnerable to freezing during the winter. Unfortunately, water in the pipes expands as it freezes — and the pressure can cause your seemingly strong and reliable pipes to burst at the seams.
The good news is that there are a few simple steps you can follow to safeguard your plumbing system during the Michigan winters.
- Disconnect garden hoses and shut off the associated water supply valves before the first winter cold snap.
- Wrap plumbing pipes with heating tape or pipe insulation, especially those in crawl spaces, unheated areas like the basement and near exterior walls.
- Keep your home heating system on low, even when sleeping or away from home, if you expect near-freezing temperatures.
- Let water faucets drip for frozen pipe prevention and to relieve or prevent pressure buildup in water lines.
- Keep doors of attached garages closed during the winter.
- Drain your water system before leaving for long periods or going on vacation.
- Contact our frozen pipe plumbers in Oak Park for preventive maintenance and a full inspection. This ensures your drains stay clear and helps catch any potential leaks early. It also gives us the opportunity to suggest weatherizing tips specific to your home’s plumbing system, identify areas where pipe insulation is missing and winter-proof your water heater.
Recent Customer Reviews
Plumbing Techs was excellent! They showed up on time and completed the jobs in a very timely manner. They were extremely professional. I am very pleased and would highly recommend Plumbing Techs.
-Penny R. in Bloomfield Hills
They arrived within one hour of our phone call, fixed the problem and were on their way. Very professional and courteous.
-Pamela P. in Warren
They returned my phone call within no time, and Dave was here within an hour! He did our bath repair efficiently and was finished before we knew it. He was a very nice, polite young man and we would have him back for any plumbing repair.
-Carolyn V. in Madison Heights
Based in Oak Park, our Plumbing Techs provide water heater repair and installation services throughout Metro Detroit and .