Your Source For Drain Cleaning In Oakland County & Metro Detroit
Does your kitchen or bathroom sink take forever to drain? Is your bathtub or shower drain sluggish? Does water often back up in your sink when you run the dishwasher?
A slow or clogged drain may seem like a DIY project you can solve with a plunger — however drain clogs can signal more serious plumbing problems in the making.
Additionally, backups can cause unpleasant odors and encourage unhealthy bacterial growth, which can leave an awful mess.
The good news is that our master plumbers have seen it all when it comes to drains — and offer regular cleaning and inspections to keep your plumbing system trouble-free.
Why Choose Plumbing Techs Of Michigan?
Regular Drain Maintenance Keeps Your Plumbing System Unclogged & Healthy
Professional drain cleaning is a crucial preventive measure that can help you save potentially thousands of dollars and extend the life of your plumbing system.
- Prevent clogs, backups and other plumbing emergencies: Regular drain cleaning prevents grime buildup in your pipes which helps reduce clogs, leaks, foul smells and water pressure issues.
- Prolong your drain’s lifespan: Buildup resulting from clogs can cause leaks and even burst pipes. Drain cleaning significantly decreases the likelihood of clogs, thus improving the durability of your entire plumbing system. In addition, regular inspections can catch issues early, before they turn into expensive repairs.
- Eliminate sluggish drains and reduce odors: Professional drain cleaning gets rid of clogs which can slow down your pipes and give off unpleasant smells.
Warning Signs Of Clogged Drains
Whether its the kitchen or bathroom, sometimes your drains just won’t cooperate. Here are a few common problems that signal it’s time to call in a plumber:
- It takes longer than normal for water in your sink, tub, or shower to flush.
- You have a toilet that isn’t flushing properly.
- If you try to run your garbage disposal and water backs back up in the sink.
- Food particles, hair, tree roots, and soap build up.
- If your drains make frequent noises or gives off strong odors.
How To Prevent Future Drain Problems
In addition to regular cleaning and inspection, there are a several preventative steps you can take to avoid clogs, limit backups and extend the life of your drains.
- Don’t overload your sink with food scraps. Even if you have a modern garbage disposal, hard food items such as bones should be thrown in the trash instead of down your sink.
- Never throw meat fat or grease down your sink.
- Use drain screens when taking a shower. One of the biggest causes of clogs in bathrooms is accumulated hair.
- Invest in a plumbing snake and quality plunger. In cases where you don’t have a severe blockage, you can probably clear the problem on your own.
- Make a point of cleaning your drains regularly. You can do it every week by pouring baking soda and hot water down your pipes.
- Bio-Clean, a product we supply contains good bacteria and enzymes that eat hair, grease and other solids. We advice you put a tablespoon down your sink, tub, and shower once a month.
- RootX Root Control is a yearly treatment we offer that is designed to eat any roots clogging your sewer line. It also creates a barrier that will prevent problems from recurring in the future.
Recent Customer Reviews
Plumbing Techs was excellent! They showed up on time and completed the jobs in a very timely manner. They were extremely professional. I am very pleased and would highly recommend Plumbing Techs.
-Penny R. in Bloomfield Hills
They arrived within one hour of our phone call, fixed the problem and were on their way. Very professional and courteous.
-Pamela P. in Warren
They returned my phone call within no time, and Dave was here within an hour! He did our bath repair efficiently and was finished before we knew it. He was a very nice, polite young man and we would have him back for any plumbing repair.
-Carolyn V. in Madison Heights
By Scheduling Online
Based in Oak Park, our Plumbing Techs provide water heater repair and installation services throughout Metro Detroit and .
Request a Free Quote
To request a free estimate, call us at (248) 548-7488, or complete the form below and one of our Plumbing Techs will get back to you as soon as possible.